Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp is a remote government training facility where paranormally gifted children are trained to become Psychonauts. The camp sits on the shores of Lake Oblongata, opposite the Thorney Towers Home for the Disturbed. It is the main setting of Psychonauts.
About Whisper Rock Psychic Summer Camp Edit
Whispering Rock has had quite a history ,that can be traced all the back to 500 years ago. When a huge Psitanium asteroid plummeted down on this simple life-giving soil that is now known as a humble camp ground. That very day this place was marked by the Lord to be something different, unique and amazing. For the very ground it's self is paranormal and full with power. In the past old Natives made the Psitanium material into arrowheads and scattered them through out the land 100's of years ago. They called it Whispering Rock, and since then the name has stuck. Now these arrowheads also severe the camp as a type of currency and is extremely valuable.
But with great power comes great responsibility. The Psitanium power is not suitable for the average human. As seen by the past settlement of Shaky Clam. Which due to the power found in the soil itself, caused this old town to go in to ruin. Its residents ending up mentally unstable and in Thorney Towers Home for the Disturbed. Which thankful this problem has now been resolved thanks to Lake Oblongata. This is one of the reasons this campground is only for Psychics. They are that rare few of the population that can handle such power, and use it for good. The Psitanium soil, is the foundation on which this camp was built. Not just being a good place for obstacle courses and some cabins. (it's that too) But it is a wonderful foundation for the young psychics minds. The Psitanium helps make a psychic more psychic. Which in turn has caused this very place to be perfect for helping Psi Cadets hone their craft. as well as unlock many new skills they didn't even know they could do. Some of the main things that Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp provides is a place to train, have adventure, explore new worlds, and use and unlock the psychic true potential. Also there is quite a heavy social burden that comes hand in hand with psychic abilities. People of all kinds just don't understand these abilities. From Communities, strangers, friends and even their own families at times ,are scared and reject them. Deeming them crazy, weird and dangerous. Making this group, a crew psychic of misfits. Yet here at
Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp the misfit finally fits in and is accepted with open arms.This camp was made with a wonderful goal in mind. That each young psychic could finally have a place to call home away from home.
Camp Residents Edit
Camp Staff Edit
The camp is run by of a group of super international secret agents. In other words Psychonauts.
They are here to guide these young minds to Psychic successes. There goal is to help the young campers to unlock, understand, explore and advance in their psychic powers. As well as provide a safe haven away from ridicule and suffering that often comes along with these remarkable abilities. This environment is one that these little Psi cadets can be free to be themselves and grow.
Campers come from all over the world to Whispering Rock. From the USA, Russia, and even outterspace! With a hope to hone their Psychic powers. There are quite a number of unique kids in this bunch. Each from different backgrounds and status. All this the same psychic potential. Some are new this year and just now uncovering their powers with tender brains. Others have been coming here for years and are Psychic Scouts and Warriors. All are remarkable Psi Cadets.
- Benny Fideleo
- Bobby Zilch
- Chloe Barge
- Clem Foote
- Crystal Flowers Snagrash
- Dogen Boole
- Elka Doom
- Elton Fir
- Franke Athens
- J. T. Hoofburger
- Kitty Bubai
- Lili Zanotto
- Maloof Canola
- Melvin "Chops" Sweetwind
- Mikhail Bulgakov
- Milka Phage
- Nils Lutefisk
- Phoebe Love
- Quentin Hedgemouse
- Razputin Aquato
- Vernon Tripe
- Kids' Cabins: The area where the campers go to sleep for the night. There are 3 cabins total for boys and girls. There is an out house for those late night potty brakes as well. Coach Oleander's treehouse office can be found here, right up top the huge tree in the center of this area. Along with the first mental world of the game; Coach Oleander's Basic Braining. This is where our story begins. There is a lot to do here besides sleep so don't forget to take advantage. Early in the morning almost every single camper hangs out here. So it is a delighful place to get to know your fellow Psi Cadets. Also there is lots things to jump, climb and even flip over.
- Main Campgrounds: The central hub of the camp, which also hosts the Main Lodge and the Parking Lot. The parking lot only has two cars in it, and are presumed to belong to Coach Oleander and Milla Vodello. There is also the big History Tree right in the center of the Parking Lot. It has tons of information on the past of Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp going all the way back to 500 years ago. Other awesome sources of information that can be found here is the bulletin board. It has messages from stuff and campers alike and can help keep a Psi Cadet updated on whats happening around camp. There is a toilet for..well ..getting the duty done.
- Main Lodge : The Main Lodge is right at the heart of Camp and is home to the Camp Store and the TV Room. The Camp Store is a super important part of Whispering Rock. It is where one can buy all kinds of helpful goodies. Such as Dream Fulffs (which give you a health boost while in a mind), Psi Cores (which are the core of Psi Challenge Markers which help one rank up) and so much more! All ya gotta do is talk to Chef Cruller. Plus the TV Room is a wonderful place to relax and catch a show, and at certain times of the day one will catch Vernon telling stories. The Main Lodge is full of tables so if you wanna color feel free. Plus this is the place where a camp band starring campers Phoebe Love and Quentin Hedgemouse practices so go ahead and jam to so tunes while here.
- GPC and Wilderness: This area consists of the forest outside of camp. The thick wilderness here is full of trees, rocks, old buildings, the stream and paths. This is a wonderful place to look around and explore. Also it's a hot spot for fellow psi cadet interaction The Geodesic Psychoisolation Chambers are here, which are old prison structures used to contain psychics in solitary confinement. They haven't been used since the 50's, but Bobby Zilch sometimes throws other campers inside, and one of the chambers contains the entrance to Sasha Nein's laboratory. The shack belonging to Ford's ranger persona is here. Ranger Cruller will reward you for when you have half and all of the scavenger hunt items.
- Sasha's Underground Lab: Sasha's lab is underground, hidden below the GPC. This is where Psi Cadets go to see Sasha Nein. It is a black and white lab with a colorful glass square staircase. It is full of boxes,Sasha documents and a few odd machines everywhere. Here, Sasha Nein conducts tests of morally questionable status on the campers which may or may not be authorized. Also this is where the brain tumbler is located. He uses the Brain Tumbler here to send campers into their own minds. This is where Sasha provides his Advance Training, to those who think they are ready.
- Reception Area: An area which boasts a campfire and a projector. Here is where the campers are lectured. It is the first place we see as well as the first place Raz drops in, and where our adventurer begins. It also hosts more wilderness. With caves, trees, rocks, tunnels, hills, the waterfall and lots of items on the scavenger hunt . Also a lot of animals are here so watch out! Due to the Psitanium the animals are far more dangerous than the ones, at home. They too have been affected by the powerful Psitanium and some have undergone mutation and even have psi powers themselves. So if you see a bear...RUN, or practice what you've learned This is where Janitor Cruller resides. His wit is legendary and so are his mopping skills.
- Boathouse and Beach: These are located on along the shores of Lake Oblongata. There is a boathouse here, where Ford Cruller's admiral persona is. It was made by using scraps of an old pirate ship. Raz can take a canoe and get over to where Milla Vodello is teaching class, and use the bathysphere to go underwater (only once, as the bathysphere becomes stuck underwater). Also there are lot of docks along the lake. This place has lots of sandy hills and valleys to explore. Quite a lot of fish can also be found a shore. Also Don't miss the Bulletin Board full to the brim with every bit of hot news around camp and information on what to do next. Here, the player can also use the Lungfish Call to call Linda and ride to Thorney Towers Home for the Disturbed.
- Ford's Sanctuary: This is basically the hidden Head Quarters of Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. It is where we find Ford Cruller at any time day or night. He becomes Raz's mentor and his true Psychonut self when he is down here. He has lots of helpful information, and one may ask him any thing they like. Also so very important tools are here. The Cobweb Detangler turning Mental Cobwebs into psi cards. As well as the The Psi Challenge Marker machine, when one puts 12 Psi Cards and 1 Psi Core it = a whole new Psi Cadet Rank.