Sasha Nein is a decommisioned famous Psychonaut agent. In the past he worked with fellow Psychonaut Milla Vodello on many missions. In the time of Psychonauts (the game), he works at Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp, running underground tests of questionable moral status, brought up due to the campers having such negative (and in a few cases, traumatic) opinions on the idea.
Sasha came from an undisclosed location somewhere in Germany (Although not confirmed, he has a fairly strong German accent, and he is referred to as "that German fellow" by Ranger Cruller while looking for his underground chamber), working as a shoemaker with his father Sasha never knew his mother, because he lost her when he was young. When Sasha asked his father about his mother, he wouldn't tell Sasha. So when Sasha developed his psychic powers, he took the information from his father's mind, which turned out to be a mistake, as his father apparently had memories of sexual encounters with his late wife, traumatizing the young German and leading to him running away from home.
Events after this are unknown, such as how he became a Psychonaut, how he became partnered with Agent Milla Vodello, etc.
Main Article: Sasha's Shooting Gallery
Sasha's mind is a large white cube with greyscale artistic designs. Sasha says that he can manage to keep his mind under control. Hidden inside the cube are various parts of Sasha's mind, each section hinting about his life (like the large bed and crib about his mother and the shoeboxes and tape-measurer about his father), shown when Raz sets the dial that releases the Censors to the highest setting. After fighting the Mega Censor, Sasha gives Raz his Marksmanship badge, telling him that they will never speak of what happened in his mind again. The music in his Shooting Gallery is a remix of Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", which is an indication that he comes from Austria. Upon re-entering the mind, it is revealed that the censor leak was a set-up to make Raz a marksman.
- Telekinesis- Used it to smoke a cigarette.
- Markmanship- Taught the power to Raz. His Psi Blast color is blue.
- Levitation- Floats off the platform after giving Raz the button.
- Second Sight- Seen in his memory vault.
- "Nein" is German for "No", which may explain why he has a large quantity of Censors in his mind.
- Sasha is voiced by Stephen Stanton, who also voiced Bonita Soleil.
- Sasha drives a passionate hate towards tacky lamps, which at one point had to make as a job. He refers to them as "something hideous and horrible, something so disgusting that it simply must die," and their destruction he calls "a victory for good taste."
- If the player uses Clairvoyance on Sasha, Raz's appearance changes to that of a mini-version of him, implying that he sees a good deal of himself in Raz.
- He is a cigarette smoker, as seen in the cutscene when he approches Raz for advanced training.
- This is also proven in Sasha's Shooting gallery during the Mega Censor fight. When Raz is stamped a few times, Sasha asks Raz if he could reach into his pocket and pull out his cigarettes for him.