Raz gets the badge from Sasha Nein in Sasha's Shooting Gallery, where at first he gets a trial badge only able to be used in that mental world, and after completing it he gets a full badge which is able to be used in all of the worlds. This ability allows Razputin to fire a blast of psychic energy at enemies, also known as a PSI-Blast.
At PSI Cadet Rank 40, Raz gains the upgrade Chain Blast, which allows his PSI-Blasts to ricochet and hit up to 3 enemies. At Rank 70, Raz gains the Super Chain Blast upgrade, which allows his PSI-Blasts to ricochet and hit up to 6 enemies.
- This power is needed in Sasha's Shooting Gallery to block off the censor outlet targets and to defeat the Mega Censor.
- In camp, this power is needed to dislodge the wasps nest in order to obtain the Fertility Idol.
- In the Brain Tumbler Experiment, this power is mandatory to defeat the shadowy monster and the Blueprint Brain Tank.
- This power is useful in Lungfishopolis to destroy the airplanes and defeat Kochamara.
- Always have your mental focus locked onto enemies when fighting with Marksmanship. Aiming without it is a lot harder.
- It also helps to jump from side to side while firing; this allows you to keep moving to avoid enemy fire while still landing shots.
- Aggression Ammo for the Marksmanship power will appear in the form of bright orange exclamation marks of raw psychic aggression. It can be found from enemies or from smashing objects. With how often you're going to be using Marksmanship, it's best to keep an eye out for ammo.
- You can also find golden trophies with increases the number of how many more shots you can carry at one time.
In Psychonauts 2 Razputin appears to be able to automatically lock on to targets. Also, instead of using ammo specifically for PSI Blast he apparently uses psychic energy to fire blasts which is shown to be shared with all psychic abilities.