Ford Cruller is a Psychonaut agent, one of the best the agency ever had. He is part (actually multiple parts, via his alter egos) of the staff at Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. Around camp, no one but Sasha Nein and Milla Vodello know he is a Psychonaut, including himself when he is not around Psitanium to keep his mind in check.
Several years ago, Ford was locked in mental battle with a very powerful psychic. He managed to defeat his opponent, but the ordeal left his psyche heavily fractured. Literally fractured. Unless Ford stayed near the Psitanium mother lode deposit (the power of which pulls his mind together), his mind would split off into a number of other identities, leaving him with no memory of who he truly is.
Although Ford tried to remain underground in his sanctuary as much as possible to continue scouting for Psychonaut business, the operational branch of the Psychonauts largely wrote him off as a mentally-damaged has-been. This forced him to secretly give the assignments he came up with to Sasha Nein and Milla Vodello, the only agents who still respected him as a competent psychomaster.
Ford had a large network set up in his sanctuary where he was able to see where psychic trouble is occurring around the world. He then relayed the information to Sasha and Milla, who carried out the missions. They kept the fact that their missions came from Ford a secret, knowing that if the Psychonauts found out that Ford gave them all their assignments, they would stop approving them.
Around camp, Ford's alter egos can be seen, each one different depending on the area of Whispering Rock. He runs the Camp Store, cooking burgers (which are not available, due to the charcoals being on "back order"). He sells many useful Psychonaut items, such as a Cobweb Duster (necessary to traverse the later levels) and PSI Cores (which are used to make PSI Challenge Markers). He will also talk on the intercom, advertising for the store. Ford also acts as a janitor, a park ranger, and he also runs the boathouse. Ford doesn't seem to notice anything about Psychonaut business here.
Ford loves bacon, and Razputin uses this to aid him. Ford gives Raz a strip of bacon, which he can use anywhere in the field to contact Ford, who will pop his head out of Raz's right ear. He can teleport Raz to his sanctuary (and back to the area he was in), tell him about enemies, and remind him of what he needs to be doing. Furthermore, if Raz has bought the PSI Energy Colorizer from the Camp Store, he can ask Ford to change his thought bubble's color for him.
- Ford is voiced by David Kaye, who also voices the Hulking Lungfish of Lake Oblongata and some of the characters in Lungfishopolis.
- Ford is oneof the few adults whose minds cannot be entered via the Psycho-Portal.
- Using Clairvoyance on Ford the Psychonaut, he sees Razputin as an official member of the Psychonauts already, meaning he really does believe in Raz' power.
- If Confusion is used on Ford in his Sanctuary, he'll go through all of his different alter egos. He will then worry that even the huge Psitanium deposit will soon wear off from shielding him from his disorder.
- He is the only person who changes how he sees you depending on your location.
- He has some of the funniest commentary with tons of one liners.
- He is the only character with different outfits through out the game.
- He is also the only character you can communicate with at any time , other than first round of basic braining.
- He is in all areas of camp, always, except the kids cabins he is there at first but once you leave basic braining he leaves.
- Oh, the brainy jub jub gose on up stares-Janitor Cruller
- I think you have that pile of dirt pretty well raked.-Raz Hush I'm looking for my contact lenses-Ranger Cruller
- Back in my day we were just happy to have psi powers thought we were cool, but you know kids these days-cook Cruller
- (as Raz is holding the red button) sooo -Raz Sew red buttons to your underwear- Ranger Cruller
- Now get!
- Mmm bacon!
- Now don't be taking that out when I'm here in the room with you or I'm telling you I'm gonna eat it. (when Raz takes bacon out in Fords Sanctuary)
- Alright that's funny NOW PUT ME DOWN!