Dogen Boole is a camper at Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. Dogen is voiced by Nika Futterman.
Dogen is a calm and friendly boy, if a bit air-headed at times. His outfit consists of red footie pajamas with a yellow Whispering Rock handkerchief around his neck, as well as a specialized tinfoil hat his parents make him wear so he doesn't accidentally blow up any heads with his immense psychic power—power Dogen has been taught to fear.
Dogen is one of several children present at Coach Oleander's camp meeting, which is interrupted by Razputin. He is shown to be easily frightened when he mistakes Raz for the Lake Monster, and when he has difficulty making it through the minefield in Basic Braining; if Raz helps Dogen through without letting him explode, he gives Raz some arrowheads as a thanks.
When Razputin first talks to Dogen in person, the little boy is having an argument with some squirrels, claiming they are lying and telling him he will kill everyone. He threatens them, and as Razputin heads to class, Dogen feigns innocence before squirrel parts rain down around him.
After returning his brain, Dogen will remark that he had better apologize to the squirrels for not believing them, as they had been telling him that "A little man would kill everyone," which he had taken to mean himself. He can later be found at the Kids' Cabins, apologizing to the squirrels.
- Invisibility: Used while playing hide and seek with Vernon, Elka, and Milka.
- Blastokinesis: His dangerous uncontrollable power that can make people's heads explode.
- Animal Telepathy: Used to communicate with squirrels, as seen before Basic Braining.
- If Clairvoyance is used on him, Dogen sees Razputin only as his hat and goggles with nothing underneath.
- Mikhail admits he would forfeit if he ever fought against Dogen, claiming that his hat could come off too easily and he's not comfortable with his head exploding.
- A man named Compton Boole is depicted among other renowned Psychonauts on a carving in the Reception Area. His relation to Dogen, if any, is unknown.
- According to his friendster page, Dogen is extremely fond of hats and animals, and his favorite movies are Scanners and Babe 2. His parents have promised that if he gets through camp without exploding anyone's head, he can have a pet.
- Many of Dogen's friendster comments revolve around admiring the other campers' hats.
- Dogen's voice actor, Nika Futterman, voiced Smellerbee in Avatar: The Last Airbender, Olga Pataki in Hey Arnold!, Madame Ubetcha in Sofia the First, Mike Mazinsky in Mike, Lu, and Og, Cuckoo Loca in Minnie's Bow Toons, and Adam Lyon (and several other characters) in My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
- Dogen is the closes thing Raz has to a best friend. Raz seems to care about his brain the most and even helps him in the Basic Braining course.
- He is also the only person Razputin apologizes for hitting.
- rule number one is never take off my hat. Never ever. I have to repeat that to myself alot. My family made me practice that rule over and over before they left. Whenever I took my hat off before they would scream and scream and tell me their heads were going to explode and I believe them. I didn't want to wear the hat but they said I had to and that when I got to camp there would be plenty of kids wearing special hats.
always wanted a kitten or a puppy, but I don't want to hurt it. Although I am thinking I could just make a hat for my pet to protect it. Like a little foil cat hat. hee hee hee hee hee oh no hee hee hee...-Dogen
- Psychadet rank: Special Scout
- Brainless Dogen: Tee Vee...?
- Dr. Loboto: I'm afraid [your brain] is just no good.
- Dogen: What's wrong with my brain, doctor?
- Dr. Loboto: How should I know? I'm a dentist! ...But here's what I know: when a tooth is bad, we pull it!
- I would never....kill everyone -Dogen
- Dogen: And then you make their heads explode!
- Raz:NO!! Do you do that?
- Dogen: Noo..well once kinda. But now I ware this special hat...Wanna try it on?